New battery + first start

Tried to get a charge in the battery that came with the bike last week and discovered that it's completely dead.  I ordered a new one that arrived during the week and got around to installing it today.  When I opened up the package it came with 1 liter of battery acid which I though would be plenty, but when I poured it in, it only came to half full.

Not knowing if half full was bad for batteries I decided to take it to the local bike shop (usually avoid these guys - NOT cheap) who thought it was a battery for a car initially, but put an additional liter of acid in for me anyway - it cost £4 which I was pretty pleased with to be fair to them.

Old battery - WD40 can for scale

Once the battery was filled and charged it fitted with no problem and after a LOT of cranking the bike fired and ran for a short time!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Petrol leaks

Close ups